Why Irish dancing is the best sport
- we don’t have to meet wait
- we don’t have to do workouts outside in the middle of july
- we don’t have to slam our bodies into other bodies to win
- it doesn’t require any weird headgear
- taping our toes usually solves the problem
- head injuries are unheard of
- you don’t get dirty from the grass/field
- if you fall, you don’t scrape your knees because it’s wood, not cement
- injuries are never so bad that the bone sticks out
- you don’t have to move your upper body and legs simultaneously.
- it’s safe to say it’s the safest sport that exists.
I’m gonna pop some pills, only got 20 ibuprofen in my dance bag…
— Thrift Shop for Irish Dancers (via sittingontheoutside)
If you get it wrong you have to get it right. You can’t just leave it.
— Julia O’Rourke (via winning-london)